Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What nice teeth you have...



This sort of sums up my day yesterday.

I spent much of the day, from about 11:30 am until about 5:30 pm, in the dentist chair. My dentist took me at my word when I asked if I could just be sedated and have him fix everything at once before I get braces...so, yesterday was all of the work on the left side of my mouth. He replaced old fillings, prepared for 2 crowns, and removed a tooth to make room for my crowded front teeth to be gently (?) adjusted via orthodontia into straight, lovely teeth.

I came home heavily drugged, slept, and today am remaining pleasantly spacy on pain medication.

I am having interesting dreams, including one in which I learned that my mother decided to grow marijuana plants in her backyard, and another in which I found myself driving around in a VW bug with Niles Crane. Go figure.

I'm not operating heavy machinery, or even light machinery, today, so no sewing for me.

I am, however, contemplating a tooth-themed quilt!

5 comments :

  1. Ohmigoodness Diane, what a trip to the dentist! Your dreams had me cracking up though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niles Crane? I would have been driving around with George Clooney!! Hope you are up to operating heavy equipment by Friday!! And, I love the illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Niles Crane!!?? Honey...we need to work on your dream life!!!

    So, when is round 2?

    teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it wasn't a *romantic* dream about Niles Crane...he was just, well, THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is Niles Crane?

    ReplyDelete